Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Kim's Veggie Wrap with Edamame Hummus


My friend, Kim, has been raving about this veggie wrap she created for the past few days. She's been raving about it so much that I have actually been CRAVING it....craving a wrap I had never even eaten, mind you!!  The ingredients are just so up my alley, I knew I would love it before I even tasted it. And I did! And I do! And I'm already thinking about making it again for my lunch on Friday.

The thing about this wrap is you can put whatever you like in it (including shredded chicken if you want to add a little meat). Just pick what you want from the listed ingredients and go for it!! Thanks for the recipe, Kim!! Enjoy!


Ingredients:
Large deli-style wrap
Garlic & Herb Cheese Spread*
Edamame Hummus
Carrots, shredded
Zucchini, shredded
Red or Yellow Pepper, sliced thinly
Cherry tomatoes, quartered
Avocado, thinly sliced

Other ingredient ideas for your wrap:
Sprouts
Romaine
Cucumber, thinly sliced
Sun-dried Tomatoes
Olives
Red Onion, sliced thinly
Green Onions, sliced
Shredded rotisserie chicken

*I used DiBruno Bros. Garlic & Herb cheese spread, Alouette makes a similar spread, too

Pop a deli-wrap in the microwave for 10 or 15 seconds to warm it slightly (this makes it easier to roll without breaking). Spread garlic & herb cheese spread over wrap; repeat with edamame hummus. Layer shredded carrots, zucchini, bell peppers, tomatoes and avocados (or whatever combination of veggies you are using). Sprinkle lightly with a little salt & pepper.

And now to wrap this baby up correctly......

Notice how there is space at the top and bottom of the wrap (this is so you can fold both sides in towards the veggies).
And here we go for step two..... 

Fold the deli-wrap down on the top and up on the bottom....you will be enclosing the veggies so that you can eat it from either end without spillage!


And here comes step three....

On one side fold the wrap over all the veggies and tuck the wrap in tightly.


Step four is to finish rolling that wrap up so that it's nice and tight and all those veggies inside are snug as a bug in a rug. Using a sharp knife, slice the wrap in half. Serve this amazing wrap with a side of kettle chips and/or a little side salad. It's the perfect lunch or dinner!! Enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment