Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Good Morning Pear & Celery Juice


I haven't blogged a juice recipe in quite a long time.....so, I thought I'd share this little gem today. I have been making an apple celery juice every week for quite some time now. Last week I decided to switch things up a bit by using pears instead of apples. WOW! How can one little orchard fruit make such a difference? I'm not sure, but, it does!! This juice is just yummy. My daughter was stealing sips of mine today after I made it. Fresh squeezed juice is a great start to the day!! Enjoy!

4 pears
4 mini cucumbers OR 2 large cucumbers
2 celery hearts
1 lemon, peeled

Run everything thru the juicer. Serve with ice if you like it cold. Place any extras in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Juice should be consumed within one or two days max*.  This recipe makes enough for three 8 oz glasses. If you want less, just cut the ingredients in half.

*I drink a glass of fresh pressed juice every morning for breakfast, but, I don't have time to juice every day. So, I pick one day a week (usually Sundays) to make myself enough juice for the whole week. I put 5 days worth in air tight, plastic jugs and freeze them. I defrost as I need them throughout the week. It isn't ideal, but, it's what works for my busy schedule and guarantees me a glass a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment