Saturday, July 27, 2013

V6 Juice

I made this V6 juice (V6 = Kale, broccoli stem, bell pepper, carrot, zucchini, beet) the other day and thought it was quite tasty for a fresh juice made primarily of veggies.  It isn't a juice for the newbie juicer....afterall, I juice wheat grass, broccoli stems and beets on a regular basis and find them delicious (well, I just tell myself wheat grass is delicious....it's actually disgusting, but, I will do anything in the name of health). I found this juice to have a mild, slightly sweet flavor. I sprinkled a *tiny* bit of sea salt into each glass I drank....that addition really made this juice taste V8-ish. Enjoy!

**Please note I only use organic veggies and fruits when juicing....I definitely don't want my juice to contain chemicals and pesticides. Yes, organic produce is more expensive....but, guess what? Your health is worth the extra $3!!

5 kale leaves
1 broccoli stem (JUST the stem)
1 red bell pepper
1 carrot
1/2 zucchini (or cucumber)
1 beet, peeled
2 apples
handful of mint leaves
1 lemon, peeled and seeds removed

Push all the produce through your juicer. I always re-juice the pulp at least once. You will be surprised how much more juice you get. This juice tastes yummy with a *tiny* sprinkle of salt per glass. Drink immediately. Store any extra in an air tight container and drink within one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment