Sunday, June 16, 2013

Pineapple, Cucumber & Kale Juice

Another juicing recipe for you diehards! Thank you for all the feedback on my last juice post! This one promises to be just as healthy and *almost* as delicious (the Apple, Cucumber Mint is my true favorite - I'm just keepin' it real).  Every time I drink a glass of fresh juice I imagine my body standing up and applauding while yelling, "Bravo, Bravo, Thank you, oh Thank you!!!" The thought makes me happy!

I think pineapple is a great way to introduce yourself to kale juice. It has a strong flavor and produces a ton of sweet juice that does a fairly good job masking the kale. Now some of you want that kale flavor to come shining through.....but for those of you who are new to juicing or are trying to get your children to drink it, I think this is a good introductory juice! If you want, add a lemon! Enjoy!!!

1 whole pineapple, peeled (the core can be hard to get down your juicer, but, I have juiced it before)
1 cucumber (please use organic!! If you aren't using organic, peel off the waxy skin)
5 kale leaves
1/2 bunch of mint leaves

Wash all produce thoroughly and put through the juicer. This made about three 8oz glasses of juice. Store any extra juice in an airtight container. Use within one to two days max.

No comments:

Post a Comment