Sunday, September 23, 2012

Bite Size Apple Pies

Well, it's that time of year again......apple picking time!! Today my family and I picked so many apples it's ridiculous! I'm dehydrating some now, I plan on making applesauce this week and of course, a crumble tomorrow...but, today I really wanted to try these Bite Size Apple Pies. I found the recipe on the Six Sisters' Stuff blog (I have changed the recipe a tad). My, oh my, they were delicious (I say "were" because they are all gone - don't worry, we didn't eat them all......that's what neighbors are for). And the best part is they are beyond simple to make!! You have got to try them!!!

1/3 c. sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 "round" of refrigerated pie crust
2 Tbl melted butter, divided
2 medium tart apples, peeled and each apple cut into 8 wedges
In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside 1 Tbl of the sugar mixture. Unroll the pastry. Brush with 1 Tbl melted butter and sprinkle with sugar mixture.

                               Cut pie crust into 16 strips.
 
 Wrap one strip around each apple wedge, placing sugared side of pastry against apple.

Place on lightly greased or parchment lined baking sheet. Brush tops with 1 Tbl. melted butter and sprinkle with 1 Tbl sugar mixture. Bake at 425 for 14 - 16 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.

Allow apples to cool for 10 minutes before devouring....er, um, I mean eating. Enjoy!
















1 comment: