Thursday, April 18, 2013

Baby Shrimp Salad on an Avocado


This meal was extremely easy to whip up! I think the hardest part about this meal is finding two perfectly ripe avocados- because the avocado can make or break this dish! It's always a roll of the dice when I slice open an avocado- I'm praying for light green with no black spots, no "strings" and that perfect creamy texture.....I've been disappointed so many times! Thankfully, the two avocados I used as the bed for this shrimp salad were absolutely perfect! Happiness!

I usually use fresh baby bay shrimp when I make these. Strangely enough, Whole Foods didn't have any behind their seafood counter! I was told their 360 brand carried a canned tiny shrimp and that it was just as good. I was very dubious! But, much to my surprise, the canned tiny shrimp worked great! The only difference that I noticed using canned shrimp was the shrimps' shape fell apart when I folded them into the mayo sauce. Other than that, it was fine. So, all that to say, if you happen to be at Whole Foods, try their canned tiny shrimp! Otherwise, go for the baby shrimp you find behind the seafood counter!

2 Tbl mayo
2 Tbl plain Greek yogurt
1 Tbl lemon juice
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp Sriracha
1/2 tsp dill
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
8 oz baby bay shrimp, rinsed
2 perfectly ripe avocados, sliced in half lengthwise, pit & skin removed

Mix mayo through pepper together in a bowl. Carefully add baby shrimp and fold into mayo/yogurt sauce. Chill for an hour. Scoop shrimp mixture onto avocado halves. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment