Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Hippie Peas


Hello long lost friends, I am back!! We just returned from the most amazing week at a Dude Ranch in Wyoming.....oh, it was heavenly!! What a gorgeous part of the country. And seriously, who knew I would LOVE riding horses!!?  There is more to come on this trip in future blog posts......I am hoping to blog some of the scrumptious meals we were served on the ranch.....

But for now, I am sharing with you an appetizer that has become a staple at all my girlfriends' gatherings.  I keep forgetting to take a "before" picture of it......but, maybe the tiny little morsel that is pictured above gives you a better understanding of how quickly and completely this appetizer is devoured by a gaggle of hip, hungry women who are reveling in a night out without the kids!!

This recipe was graciously given to me by my friend, Gina,  over at Hyphenista  (Gina is always giving me her fab recipes to blog- thank you, darling)!!!  The flavors are unique and different and 100% delicious. I wish I had a vat of it to stick my face into right now (I should know not to blog when I'm hungry).

Enjoy!!!

1 lb frozen peas
1/2 c mayo
1 Tbl curry powder
1 bunch of scallions, thinly sliced
1 c crushed smoked almonds

Mix the frozen peas, mayo, curry powder and scallions the day before serving (or at least a few hours- you do not want to serve frozen peas to your guests). Pour crushed almonds on top immediately before serving. Serve with pretzel chips, pita chips or crackers (our gang likes the pretzel chips best).

No comments:

Post a Comment