Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Cheesy Jalepeno Popper Stuffed Baked Chicken


This is another Skinny Taste recipe that I will definitely be making again! It did require a bit of prep, but the end results were worth it! It was full of flavor and the chicken was very moist! I love the blog Skinny Taste! If you haven't already, please check it out! Every recipe I have made off her blog has been delicious! And the fact that all her recipes are healthful is just a huge bonus in my book!

*Please note that I only used two large chicken breasts (and after I sliced them horizontally, it made four total). Even though I only used two chicken breasts, I still made the same amount of filling (except I used only one jalepeno). I didn't want my chicken to get a skimpy amount of filling!  Also, I added 2 Tbl of hot wing sauce to the cheesy mixture. I really liked this addition and I would do it again!

Here is the recipe taken from Skinny Taste:
  • 2 slices center cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • 3 jalapeƱos, chopped (remove seeds for milder)
  • 3 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
  • 4 oz reduced fat shredded cheddar jack (Sargento)
  • 2 tbsp chopped scallions
  • 4 skinless chicken breast cutlets, sliced in half horizontally to make them quite thin
  • 1/2 cup Italian seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs
  • 1 1/2 juicy limes, juice of
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • salt and fresh pepper
  • olive oil non-stick spray 
Preheat oven to 450F

Wash and dry chicken cutlets, season with salt and pepper.  Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.

Combine cream cheese, cheddar, scallions, jalapeƱo and bacon crumbles in a medium bowl.

Lay chicken breasts on a working surface and slice them in half horizontally. Spread 2 tbsp of cream cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one, secure the ends with toothpicks to prevent the cheese from oozing out.


Place breadcrumbs in a bowl; in a second bowl combine olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.

Dip chicken in lime-oil mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down on a baking dish. Repeat with the remaining chicken. When finished, lightly spray the top of the chicken with oil spray.

Bake 22-25 minutes or until cooked through. Serve immediately. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Kelly, this is Bryan Cohen from Bespoke Bacon (www.bespokebacon.com). Love the blog. My cousin Don Burton mentioned you might be interested in trying some of our products. Feel free to email me at bryan@bespokebacon.com and I will make sure you get some sample packs.

    ReplyDelete