Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Incredible Steak Fries

I made these steak fries last week for dinner and my husband and I just about licked the plate clean. They were so amazingly good I have been craving them ever since! There is a two step process for cooking these beauties - both steps are super easy. If you plan on cooking for more than two people, I suggest baking an extra potato (or two or three).....plan on one potato per person. Serve warm and with plenty of ketchup. Yummers!!!!

Two large baking potatoes
Canola oil
Kosher salt

Step one:
Preheat oven to 425F

Wrap each potato in aluminum foil

Cook wrapped potatoes for 1 hour. Remove them from the oven and let the potatoes cool COMPLETELY. I actually cooked the potatoes first thing in the morning while I was getting the kids ready for school. I left them on the counter ALL day long. By the time I was ready to cook them that evening, they were prepped and ready to go!

Once the potatoes are cooled, remove from foil and sliced them in half length-wise (keep the skin on). Then slice each half in half, then in half again. You will end up with eight wedges per potato.

Step two:
Put about an inch of canola or vegetable oil in a heavy bottom pan. Heat over medium heat until oil is hot and starts to sizzle up when you dip the tip of a potato in. Fry potato wedges for three minutes on each side (there are three sides on each wedge- fry the two exposed potato sides; don't bother frying the side with the skin).

Use tongs to remove the hot, crispy steak fries from the pan. Place on a paper towel and sprinkle with kosher salt. Serve immediately. Enjoy!!

PS I think these would taste delicious with sour cream and bacon bits!!! WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment