Sunday, April 21, 2013

Baked Cinnamon Roll Pancakes


I am actually eating these right now as I am blogging this recipe. A delicious treat to have on a beautiful Sunday morning! These "pancakes" are so worth the effort. They are fluffy and sweet and produce shouts of "YES!" and "MY FAVORITE!" from my kids as they run into the kitchen as see them sitting on the counter!

PLEASE note I have made these multiple times and every time I have made them I used a 9 x 13 inch pan and baked them for 18 minutes. The original recipe says a 11 x 17 inch pan and to bake for 8-9 minutes....I just don't have a pan that large! So, if you are using a standard pan like me, go for 18 minutes! So go ahead and make these for no reason or for a special occasion because no matter what your family will sing your praises and shout "hurray" and love you all the day long! :)

This recipe is coming to you verbatim from the blog Big Red Kitchen:

Baked Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
1 1/2 cups milk
4 T. melted butter
2 large eggs
2 T. sugar
2 cups flour
4 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt

Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease an 11×17 inch jellyroll pan [please note I used a 9 x 13 inch pan and baked them for 18 minutes]. In a large mixing bowl, beat together milk, butter and egg. Add sugar, then gradually beat the flour in. Carefully stir in the baking powder and salt. Pour batter into prepared pan. Squeeze out swirls of Cinnamon Roll Filling over pancake batter- 4 swirls across, 3 down, for 12 pancakes. I used wooden skewers laid across the pan as a guide [I didn't do this- I totally just eye-balled it]. You can vary the size if you like.

Bake in 350 degree oven for 8-9 minutes until center is set and does not give when pressed with your finger [**Please note that I use a 9 x 13 inch pan and I bake them for 18 minutes]. Remove from oven and drizzle with Maple Cream Cheese Drizzle. Serve immediately. Makes 12 large pancakes.

Cinnamon Roll Filling
4 T. melted butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 T. cinnamon

In a small bowl mix filling ingredients together until blended well. Place in a pastry bag or plastic ziptop bag and snip corner to swirl over pancake batter.

Maple Cream Cheese Drizzle
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
2 T. good maple syrup
milk

Mix the first three ingredients in a bowl until smooth, dripping in small amounts of milk until mixture is a drizzling consistency. I like to place mine in a pastry bag and drizzle that way.



No comments:

Post a Comment