Thursday, January 10, 2013

"Raw" Cookie Dough Bites


I love these! I just LOVE these! I didn't make them for my kids or for my husband; I made them JUST for myself and I am in heaven! Almonds, walnuts, oats & honey ground fine to taste like cookie dough?! Yes, please! Okay, let me make this clear....they do not taste exactly like cookie dough- I mean, there is no substitute for the butter and sugar and eggs- oh my! But, they do have a similar texture and they are sweet and satisfying and for goodness sakes people, these bites are health food!!! So, with that in mind (that these are actually full of fiber and nutrient-dense goodness) they are pretty pretty good! They definitely satisfy my sweet tooth! Enjoy!

This recipe comes straight from the blog A Dash of Compassion.

2/3 cup raw almonds
2/3 cup raw walnuts
2/3 cup raw oat flakes or old fashioned oats (I used the oats)
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup raw agave nectar or honey (I used honey)
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 Tbl cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips (you know I used chocolate chips!)

In a food processor, process the almonds, walnuts, oats, cinnamon and salt to a fine meal. Add the agave nectar (or honey) and vanilla and process to combine. Next, add the cocoa nibs (or chocolate chips) and pulse just to combine.

Roll the cookie dough into balls about 1 tbsp each (wet your hands if the dough is too sticky) and place them on a cookie pan lined with parchment paper. Place the pan in the freezer for about an hour to firm up. Store balls in a tightly covered container in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment