Saturday, November 3, 2012

Sweet Balsamic Salad Dressing


Oh merciful heavens, I think I just found my new go-to salad dressing! This recipe comes from the blog Cafe Sucre Farine. It was so amazingly yummy I wanted to lick the plate! This recipe makes a large amount. You could easily 1/2 it or even 1/4 it. But, I'm glad I made the whole thing because now I will be finding any excuse I can in the coming week to make myself a salad!!

In case you are wondering what's in the salad pictured, it's romaine, avocado, cranberries and sugared sliced almonds. But, really, in my opinion,  this dressing will compliment any salad combo! Enjoy!

Ingredients:
⅓ cup sugar
1 ½ tablespoons poppy seeds
1 ½ tablespoons sesame seeds
½ teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoons dried mustard
1 tablespoon minced sweet onion
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
½ cup white balsamic vinegar
⅓ cup vegetable oii
⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil

Put all ingredients in a medium sized tupperware container with a tight fitting lid. Shake vigorously to combine. Shake each time before using.

No comments:

Post a Comment