Sunday, January 29, 2012

Chocolate Banana Pancakes


I make banana bread (click HERE for my yummy recipe) at least once a week for my children. I make it so often I can do it with my eyes closed and one hand tied behind my back. So, when I woke up yesterday and saw the brown bananas on my counter, I decided to try something different! I came up with these banana pancakes- and they were quite good! My husband likes the consistency better when I cube the bananas, but, feel free to mash them if you'd rather! Serve with maple syrup, powdered sugar, sliced bananas on top, walnuts and/or whipped cream! Enjoy!

2 bananas, cut into tiny cubes OR mashed
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 Tbl sugar
2 Tbl canola oil
1 c. flour
2 Tbl wheat germ (optional)
2 Tbl cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 c. choco chips

Heat a non-stick pan or griddle over medium heat. Coat pan with a little butter or cooking spray.

In a large mixing bowl combine bananas, egg, milk, sugar and oil.  Add flour, wheat germ (if using), cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and stir. Fold in chocolate chips. Scoop 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Flip when the pancake when bubbles start to form and edges look dry. Cook on other side until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment