Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sweet Veggie Juice


I can't tell you how proud I am of my MANY friends and family who have recently started juicing!! SO proud! I am inspired by these friends to keep posting new juice recipes. This recipe comes from the book The Healthy Juicer's Bible by Farnoosh Brock. This book has some very interesting recipes that include ingredients I would never think to juice. For example, raw garlic, which this Sweet Veggie Juice contains. It is actually so delicious and brings a great zing to the juice.

One of my BFFs, Gina, who is brand-new to juicing, texted me yesterday and said, "Is it me or is juicing theraputic?" And I responded, "YES!!" And in many ways, it really is. It gives me that same calming feeling that baking does, however, it yields a much healthier product than a batch of chocolate chip cookies.

This veggie juice is deliciously sweet (although, technically, tomatoes, cucumbers and bell peppers are all fruits- but, since they have a more "savory" flavor and are low in sugar, they are often grouped in the vegetable category). The garlic and ginger give it a great pop! I'm seriously loving this recipe and will be making it often in the future.

ENJOY!!!

4 large carrots
2 tomatoes
1 large cucumber
1 yellow or red bell pepper
1 small chunk of ginger
1 clove of garlic (optional if this makes you nervous)

If you have not bought organic fruits, you need to use a veggie wash to remove the chemicals from the skins. It is also a good idea to remove the waxy skin of a conventional cucumber. So, spend the extra $2 and buy organic! You are worth it!

Put all fruits through the juicer. Re-juice the pulp. Drink juice within the day or store in an air tight, glass container for no longer than 36 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment