Sunday, April 1, 2012

Shredded Brussel Sprouts with Bacon & Walnuts


I am STILL having a love affair with brussel sprouts....and this is my new MOST FAVORITE brussel sprouts recipe EVER! Yum, oh yum, yum, yummy!! I have made these every week for the last month and I still want more! Please try this recipe I snagged off of the blog Pinch My Salt. Enjoy!


2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon walnut oil (I use olive oil)
4 slices thick cut bacon
1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and shredded (you can use the shredding blade on your food processor - I just use a knife!)
1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts
kosher salt, to taste
fresh ground black pepper, to taste

In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar, and oil; set aside.  In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp.  Remove bacon, cut or crumble into pieces, and set aside. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of drippings in pan (if there aren’t enough drippings to equal 2 tbsp, add a little butter or oil).  Heat drippings over medium-high then add shredded brussels sprouts.  Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until just tender.  Remove from heat and stir in bacon, walnuts, and dressing.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.  Serve warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment