Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Apple, Cucumber & Mint Juice


Okay, I'm doing it.....I'm going to start posting my fresh juice recipes! I have had many requests from friends that are interested in juicing....so here goes! I'm going to start by sharing my absolute FAVORITE juice!! This is a great starter juice because it has a very sweet, refreshing flavor. I have a couple hard-core friends who primarily juice vegetables (Shanna and Carrie, my two juicing inspirations)....and I do juice veggies, but, I'm not going to lie and say I LOVE the veggies more than the fruit, because I don't! I'm still a sweet girl when it comes down to it! And I can tolerate a head full of kale better when it has a little pineapple mixed in! Ooh, recipe for that one to come!!

Anyhow, this juice is simple, inexpensive and very satisfying. Even my children like it despite it's green color. The apples do a great job in masking the cucumber and the mint and lemon give you that "I've-just-been-to-the-spa" feeling.

This recipe makes one 8oz glass of juice. Double or triple it if you want more! Store extra juice in an airtight container in the refrigerator (but it is always best to drink it shortly after making it). Let me know what you think!!  ENJOY!

2 apples (I like golden delicious)
1/2 an organic cucumber (leave skin on if organic- if not, peel skin)
4 - 5 sprigs of fresh mint (I just juice the leaves, not the stems)
1/2 lemon (remove outer rind and as many of the seeds as you can; inner white pith is fine)

Run all ingredients through the juicer. Give a little stir to combine before drinking. You might like to add an ice cube or two to the juice; I find it tastes best chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment