Friday, January 10, 2014

No Bake Peanut Butter & Oat Protein Bars


I am SO incredibly in love with these homemade protein bars! I feel like I can't get enough of them!!!! Even though I am a self-proclaimed health nut, I still get shocked when I make something "healthy" and it tastes THIS GOOD.....like non-healthy-good!!! I brought one to my friend, Keli, and she raved!! She said I must blog immediately so she can make them herself. So, Kel, here ya go.... :)

1/2 c. NATURAL peanut butter (I used extra crunchy)
3 Tbl honey
2 Tbl almond milk (you could use regular milk instead)
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup old-fashioned oats
2 Tbl chia seeds OR flax seeds (your choice)
4 graham cracker squares (so, 2 graham flats)
1 cup Cheerios (or Rice Krispies)
1/3 c good dark chocolate

Combine the peanut butter, honey and almond milk in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. Remove and give it a good stir to combine all ingredients. Add vanilla to the peanut butter mixture and stir to combine. 

Put old-fashioned oats, chia seeds and graham crackers in a food processor. Blend until all ingredients are ground. Pour oat mixture into peanut butter mixture. Stir to combine. Pour in Cheerios, combine. PRESS bar mixture into an 8X8" pan (no need to grease).

I like to use a piece of wax paper (I believe you could use foil also) to press the mixture down until it is even and smooth.

Place chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute. Remove and stir until melted and smooth. Spread chocolate over the bars. Place in the refrigerator for at least an hour to firm up. Slice into bars and enjoy!! These make a great breakfast or snack! I have even been eating them for dessert! Keep them wrapped and stored in the fridge. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment