Monday, February 9, 2015

Pasta with Peas, Smoked Almonds & Dill



When I saw this recipe I knew I had to make it.....it totally reminds me of one of my favorite appetizers - Hippie Peas!!! It has a similar flavor to the hippie peas.....so, if you are also a fan, I think you will enjoy this pasta dish. My husband gave it the big thumbs up (he really liked the dressing).  My favorite element was the smoked almonds- yum, yum, yum! Make sure you do not add the almonds until right before eating or they will get soggy. Enjoy!

**I cut this recipe in half and it was enough for two people. Even though I cut the recipe in half, I still made the full amount of dressing and I used nearly all of it. Just keep that in mind!**

I found this recipe on the blog A Spicy Perspective. Here is the recipe word for word:

Ingredients:

  • 16 ounce small dry pasta (ditalini, macaroni)
  • 10 ounce fresh or frozen sweet peas
  • 1/4 cup fresh chopped dill
  • 1 cup chopped green onion
  • 1 cup chopped smoked almonds
Dressing:

Directions:

  1. Cooking the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Two minutes before it's ready, add the peas to the boiling water. Once the peas have warmed through, drain the pasta and peas. <honestly, I didn't add the peas to the boiling water because I was afraid it was make them mushy.....I just added the frozen peas to the hot pasta after I drained it....it was perfect>. Pour the pasta with peas into a large bowl and allow to cool to room temperature.
  2. Meanwhile, whisk the lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard, and oil together in a small bowl. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Pour the dressing over the pasta and mix well.
  3. Add the dill and green onions and toss. When ready to serve, sprinkle with smoked almonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment