Thursday, April 10, 2014

Raw Zucchini Noodles with Cannellini Beans & Hearts of Palm


Okay, as promised, here is another wonderful zucchini pasta recipe I made using my incredible spiralizer. I hope my last post peaked your interest in spiralizing zucchini into "pasta". I actually think this recipe, by yours truly, is even more tasty and was even easier to put together than my last. Seriously, if you are debating buying a spiralizer, just go ahead and do it.  It is a very light piece of equipment that takes up very little cupboard space. At $36 it is relatively inexpensive and is super easy to clean (I wish I could say the same about my juicer!!).

Click here to view the spiralizer I purchased on Amazon.

Dressing:
2 Tbl olive oil
Juice from two lemons
1 1/2 tsp white sugar

Salad
2 zucchinis
2 Tbl chopped fresh dill
1 15oz can cannellini beans, rinsed
3 or 4 hearts of palm from a can of hearts of palm, chopped
1/4 cup sliced almonds
Crumbled feta cheese
Salt & Pepper to taste

Combine olive oil, lemon juice and sugar in a small container with a tight fitting lid. Shake vigorously to combine.

Use your spiralizer to turn both zucchinis into "noodles".

Place "noodles" in a large salad bowl. Add the dill, cannellini beans, hearts of palm and almonds. Pour dressing on top. Gently toss with a pair of tongs. Divide between two plates. Top with feta cheese and season with salt and pepper. Enjoy with a nice piece of crusty bread (or two pieces- after all, you are saving gobs of calories by not eating real pasta).

No comments:

Post a Comment