Thursday, January 24, 2013

Graham Cracker Toffee Bars


This quick and simple "candy" recipe hails from the blog Celebrations at Home.  My attention was captured when I saw the word "toffee" - I knew right then and there I had to make them! I found these super easy to put together and even easier to eat! HA! Give them a shot if you are in the mood for something sweet but don't have a lot of time to bake.
  • 24 cinnamon graham crackers broken into squares (I used regular graham crackers and I'm glad I did because these are super sweet)
  • 1 cup unsalted butter
  • 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1 cup finely chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350F

Line a jelly roll pan with aluminum foil and place the graham squared inside to fill the pan, in a single layer.

In a sauce pan, melt butter and sugar together over medium heat. Once melted, increase heat to medium high and bring to a boil; Cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly. The consistency will be like caramel. Pour the sauce mixture over the graham crackers and spread with a knife to cover them.

             Sprinkle with pecans and bake on 350F for 12 minutes.
                Let cool and separate the squares to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment