Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Harvest Smoothie

 
One of my most favorite recipes on my blog is my Harvest Bread. I make a loaf for each my kids' teachers on the first day of school. It is hearty, healthy and just unbelievably moist and delicious. I was craving a slice of it the other day and I thought, "Hey, maybe I can turn it into a smoothie!" I was dubious just now as I placed the fruits and veggies in the blender.....I wasn't sure if it was going to turn out yummy or not. After the first sip I thought, "Nailed it!!" It tastes very much like the batter of the Harvest Bread (which I always devour greedily). Ooh, I'm so happy this turned out well....I can't wait for you all to try it! Let me know what you think! Enjoy!!!

1 carrot
1 large zucchini
1 apple
1 pear
1 banana
1 1/2 cups almond milk (or regular milk)
3 handfuls of spinach
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup ice
 
Put all ingredients in a high power blender and blend until completely smooth.  I ran mine through three smoothie cycles to make sure that carrot blends well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment