Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Snickerdoodle Blondies

So I made these yesterday for my husband's office.  I send lots of treats into the office because I do a ton of baking and for the most part, my kids and husband don't really eat it (I know, they are so crazy, right!?!). Unfortunately for the office, these never made it in. Why? Because for ONCE my children and hubby devoured them- I mean they just killed these blondies!  I was in shock! I asked the boys, "Why are you eating these and you never want the other things I bake?" My son responded, "Because, Mom, these are the second best thing you have every made! They are right behind your 'World Famous Chocolate Cake'!" The other two concurred.  Wow, that was a bold statement (if you knew the bar my World Famous Chocolate Cake has set for all other sweets, you would understand the gravity in those words!).

So, all that to say, these are really really really yummy!!! You must give them a try!!! I found the recipe on the blog Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. And here it is verbatim:

1 cup butter or shortening (shortening gives a better texture) *I used butter*
 1½ cups sugar
3 eggs
¼ cup sour cream
2 cups flour

1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
⅓ cup sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350F
Cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down the bowl between eggs. Mix in sour cream.

Combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, baking powder and salt. Mix into shortening/sugar mixture.

In a separate, small bowl, combine ⅓ cup sugar and cinnamon.

Sprinkle half the cinnamon sugar mix into a 9X13 pan.

Spread batter on top.

Top with remaining sugar mixture.

Bake 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. *I baked mine for 26 minutes.

Let cool completely before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment