Saturday, September 21, 2013

Indoor S'mores


OH. MY. GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!! I cannot, cannot, cannot express how easy, fancy-smancy looking and completely DELICIOUS these Indoor S'mores are! My kids went bonkers over these! I am super excited to share this Melissa d'Arabian recipe with you, my s'mores-loving readers. Click on this link to the Food Network website to watch a simple, step-by-step video of Melissa making these treats.

Graham Cracker Crust:

3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 5 whole graham crackers) <I used pre-crushed graham crackers>
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons sugar <I omitted the sugar>
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Sprinkle of salt
4 scoops vanilla ice cream <I used chocolate ice cream>
1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows

Quick Chocolate Sauce:

1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons whole milk

Directions

For the graham cracker crust: Mix the graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugar, cinnamon and a sprinkle of salt together in a bowl. Firmly press the crust into muffin tins to make individual crusts <I used the back of a spoon>
 
Top each crust with a scoop of vanilla ice cream <I used chocolate>. 

Press the mini marshmallows into the ice cream, covering the scoop completely. You will have 4 s'more "domes" <I got five!!!>. Freeze at least 1 hour.

For the quick chocolate sauce: Immediately before serving, heat the broiler to low. Toss the chocolate chips with the milk in a ramekin or small bowl and microwave 30 seconds, stir until smooth and set aside. Place the s'more domes under the broiler until marshmallows brown, about 30 seconds <mine took closer to 50 seconds>. Watch them constantly as they burn easily. 
Place each s'more on a plate and drizzle with the chocolate sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment