Sunday, January 6, 2013

Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili


My friends, Sarah & Keli, have been raving about the blog Skinny Taste. They specifically told me I had to try the Chicken Taco Chili. Well, I made it today and it was super yummy!! It was crazy easy to make and healthy to boot!!! The whole family loved it! I can't wait to try more of her recipes!! Enjoy!

1 onion, chopped
1 16-oz can black beans
1 16-oz can kidney beans
1 8-oz can tomato sauce
10 oz package frozen corn kernels (I used canned corn)
2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies (I used a 28oz can of fire roasted tomatoes)
1 packet taco seasoning
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp chili powder
24 oz (3-4) boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used only two breasts and there was a ton of meat)
chili peppers, chopped (optional)
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
sour cream (optional)
shredded cheese (optional)
cooked rice (optional)

Combine beans, onion, chili peppers (if using), corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker.  Place chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred with two forks. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in.  Serve chili over cooked rice, if desired. Top with fresh cilantro and sour cream and cheese, if using.

1 comment:

  1. This one of the best crock pot meals Keli has made. I'm looking forward to the next batch already.

    ReplyDelete