Sunday, November 2, 2014

Halloween Candy Junkyard Cookies


I don't know about you, but I have a TON of Halloween candy that I would really like out of my house!! I made these cookies last night for my friends' Halloween party and they were a big hit. The recipe is simple - make your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe (I use the recipe on the back of the Toll House semi-sweet chocolate chips bag) and substitute 3 cups of chopped Halloween chocolate for the semi-sweet chips. That's it! Enjoy!


I use the recipe on the back of the Toll House semi-sweet chocolate chips bag, but, you can use your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe instead.
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar <I only use 1/2 a cup of granulated sugar>
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • <3 cups of chopped chocolate bars, all mixed together>
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.

COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chopped chocolate bars. <I always refrigerate my cookie dough for at least two hours before baking - I find it makes for much better cookies!!> Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown <I never bake for more than 9 minutes- slightly undercooked cookies always taste best!!>. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. 




No comments:

Post a Comment